Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

My first Client website

• # February 13, 2010 at 10:46 pm

First…I just found this great site CSS-TRICKS and have watched a couple of Chris’s video tutorials…just a wealth of information for a new designer/developer like myself (currently a Computer Science student) just trying to learn all I can. Looking forward to redesigning my own site using WordPress and digging in more to what’s available.

Anyways…finishing up my first client website for a friends construction business…

http://www.oakhillhomes.net/dev/index.php

Thoughts? Good and bad please as I need all the constructive criticism I can get.

# February 14, 2010 at 9:49 am

I like the general look, clean and simple, these are my comments:
    Run it through the validator, you have lots of errors.
    I’m not keen at all on all that slide animation on the home page, with the text overlay, way too fast.
    The black text is very hard to read and the footer text size is too small.
    The white around the logo is very jagged, it needs to be much smoother.
    The text Setting the Standard would look better right aligned with the navigation.
    Too many colours in the text. The headers would look better in the same colour as Setting the Standard.
    What happened to the h1 tag, it is very important for SEO?

# February 14, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I have a ways to go to get CLEAN code.

I will get to work on some of those suggestions.

Question, how do I go about smoothing out the edges on the logo? I’m using a white stroke around the edges.

# February 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Client decided they want to stay with their old logo so I’m stuck with what is there now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".