Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Multiple WordPress Pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

I have a regular navigation for my pages but I also have footer links for things like FAQ, Legal, etc that I would like to create but my problem is, how can I create those pages without those links appearing in the regular navigation?

I read what I think is an answer to my question, can anyone confirm this?

Read the 4th comment.. Here

dhechler

Yes, using WordPress custom menus would be the solution to this. Here is a great article on it.
    http://templatic.com/news/wordpress-3-0-menu-management

dhechler

With the custom menu, you create the page and add it to a specific menu. I think you are looking at it backward. Create the page first, then create the menu to display a link to the page. So create the FAQ, Legal, and other pages you want to add to your footer links, then add them in the custom menu section. Hope this helps.

dhechler

You would have to use a custom menu for your main navigation as well. Just make a second menu and do the same thing you did for your footer menu.

dhechler

To make a second menu, just use the custom menu settings inside your wordpress backend. Just clarifying that you dont have to add more lines to your functions.php file.

dhechler

No problem. Anytime.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.