Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Multiple WordPress Pages

• # January 16, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I have a regular navigation for my pages but I also have footer links for things like FAQ, Legal, etc that I would like to create but my problem is, how can I create those pages without those links appearing in the regular navigation?

I read what I think is an answer to my question, can anyone confirm this?

Read the 4th comment.. Here

# January 16, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Yes, using WordPress custom menus would be the solution to this. Here is a great article on it.
    http://templatic.com/news/wordpress-3-0-menu-management

# January 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I just created this, all it does is create a menu..not exactly what I wanted. I should say what I wanted is a custom menu that will also create pages.

# January 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm

With the custom menu, you create the page and add it to a specific menu. I think you are looking at it backward. Create the page first, then create the menu to display a link to the page. So create the FAQ, Legal, and other pages you want to add to your footer links, then add them in the custom menu section. Hope this helps.

# January 16, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Ok that makes more sense, I’ll try that and post back. And Thank You for the help, I appreciate it.

# January 16, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Awesome! Works. Except one problem. When I create the pages and then add them to the custom menu, they still appear in my main navigation, any fix for that?

# January 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

You would have to use a custom menu for your main navigation as well. Just make a second menu and do the same thing you did for your footer menu.

# January 16, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Ok will do thank you very much!

Now I had to put a php code in my footer as that is where I wanted it, now for the main navigation, I just have to put that in page.php, correct?

# January 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm

To make a second menu, just use the custom menu settings inside your wordpress backend. Just clarifying that you dont have to add more lines to your functions.php file.

# January 16, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Good call, and I added more to my post above

# January 17, 2011 at 12:02 am

Nevermind, I didn’t have to add any code. Just have to redo some css, particularly re-naming the classes. Thanks again

# January 17, 2011 at 12:07 am

No problem. Anytime.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".