Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS multiple file uploader (1MB up to 1Gig)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JokerMartini
    Participant

Does anyone know of a good uploader that can handle large file sizes? I’m trying to build a custom uploaded for my website which displays similar information like the wordpress one, such as ProgressBar, Thumbnail, filesize and a delete button. I’ve tried several examples on the internet but none of them could handle large file sizes, even ones around 200MB. Ideally this upload would be able to hand both the “Browse for multiple files” button and the html5 drag n drop area. It would handle all file types as well, images, video etc. If anyone could even offer to write something I would pay for this type of tool.
    I look forward to getting some help.

chrisburton
    Participant

There are PHP scripts all over the internet. Why do you prefer flash?

JokerMartini
    Participant

Hey Chris. Some people have messaged me saying that only flash uploaders can handle large files so I’m not entirely sure what is true.

chrisburton
    Participant

It seems there’s also a timeout issue with PHP.

JokerMartini
    Participant

What would be the solution then for that?

chrisburton
    Participant

You would have to set a max time limit. Reading random posts you would set a limit of 10 minutes for 10MB. I can’t imagine what it would be for 1GB. I’m not that knowledgeable in this area. Sorry I couldn’t help.

JokerMartini
    Participant

That’s alright. Hopefully some more people will jump in on this conversation and enlighten us all on how to do so.

chrisburton
    Participant

@JokerMartini If I may suggest, I would ask on [Stack Overflow](http://stackoverflow.com “”) if you can’t find an answer here.

noman

PHP code…

set_time_limit(0); //Reset 30 Second Timeout
    usleep(50000); // Pause 1000000 = 1 second

I am looking for a way to multi-upload a large number of medium sized files, say 300x 2mb images. After modifying my php.ini file, still no dice.

Have you found anything that might do that?

noman

Wordpress uses [swfupload](http://code.google.com/p/swfupload/ “swfupload”).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.