Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

MTR Services

• # February 19, 2010 at 1:38 pm

http://www.mtrservices.com/home/

Ok, so honestly what do you think? Its not done yet but I just wanted some feedback. Also what do you think about the logo? Any changes? Any feedback would be great!

Thanks

# February 19, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Hey dude, nice looking, professional site :D

But please change the cheesy images!

Arjun

# February 19, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Just a question, what makes those images so cheesy? And what kind of images would you replace them with. They are all stock photography from iStock photo and that was all I could find for IT stuff.

Thanks a lot for your input. =)

# February 20, 2010 at 11:13 am

You could just change them to stuff more IT related i guess, a guy with his hands folded looking at the camera is LOL. :lol:

And the main image, just some guy looking? At a first glance of the website a random guy wouldn’t really describe IT support in my opinion.

# February 20, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Looks good, I agree with arjunvasudeva it looks very professional. The only thing i noticed is on your articles the comment… i guess ill call it title is at the bottom and the text box it’s self is slightly to the right, not sure if that was part of your design but i think i would have it align with the name, email, etc.

# February 22, 2010 at 3:08 am

Just from an advertising standpoint on the photos…

They look cheesy in that it’s a very obvious stock photo. Being a stock photo isn’t the issue. The issue is that it isn’t communicating anything except there is a good looking guy looking at me for some reason. So it’s professional yes because it’s a stock photo, but it’s out of place because it doesn’t communicate anything to the viewer.

When people look at a website that is advertising what you do, the photos basically need to reflect what me, the customer, is going to experience doing business with you. So if the photos are a fairly natural client-consultant interaction where the client looks happy to be there, then me as the customer will sub consciously make that connection.

So, like the Business Identity photo – so if I do business with you, I’m going to end up with a blank business card? Sure, it’s a stretch, but that’s the first thing that my sub conscious is picking up. IT Consulting looks like I’m going to have a hansom yet disgruntled guy who is letting other people do the work for me.

# February 23, 2010 at 5:55 am
    "Jerm993" wrote:
    Looks good, I agree with arjunvasudeva it looks very professional. The only thing i noticed is on your articles the comment… i guess ill call it title is at the bottom and the text box it’s self is slightly to the right, not sure if that was part of your design but i think i would have it align with the name, email, etc.

Here’s a screenshot of what Jerm993 is talking about:
    [img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5980/screenshot20100223at449.png[/img]

# April 10, 2010 at 11:53 am

ahh i see. check out the site out again. i totally went a different direction with the site. tell me what you think.

# April 17, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Hi nice website.

I’m wondering how you did the > sign for your navigation list. Mind sharing how you did it? :)

# April 17, 2010 at 7:36 pm

thanks a lot!

this is how the ">" was done:

#sidecol ul li ul li a:after {
    float: right;
    content: ">";
    }

hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".