Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Moving WordPress from Localhost to Subdomain to Root of site.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@Loubou Would you be willing to give me access to your site so I can poke around? If not, perhaps we can troubleshoot further?

Loubou

@chrisburton Thank you. I would be very grateful if we could do further troubleshooting. :-)

chrisburton
    Participant

@Loubou. Great. When you say you had to change a lot of “things” when importing your content, what were those changes?

Loubou

Thanks @chrisburton :-)

The setting I had to change were in the WPEC…none of my Store settings etc are there. Currency, shipping, payment etc etc… All blank! Very strange

Since messaging you yesterday, I have discovered that you can import and export the actual Theme settings. So I have done that and sorted permalinks etc however…all is not well. My widgets are not there and I had to delete some pages and also there now appears to be two ‘Home’ Pages…one of which should come under ‘Blog’. Half of my photos on the homepage are missing. :-(

This is putting me setting up the new test site if I am going to have to make loads of changes again once move it. Shouldn’t I have been able to have an exact carbon copy of my website and settings once importing everything? Not even any of my plugins or theme were activated. :-(

TheDoc

Definitely should have done the import/export through phpMyadmin, it’s the only way to make sure that you get *all* of the content.

chrisburton
    Participant

As @TheDoc said, all your information should have been stored in the database from exporting to importing. When I moved WordPress, I uploaded a fresh install, changed the config file to match my old database and then imported the database through PHPMyAdmin. From there I changed all the URL’s which you can do via a plugin that Gray might be able to post here. I always forget the name.

TheDoc

;) http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

And you’ll need to modify two options in the DB in the wp_options table for the site root/url.

euge

Hi, I’m new to wp and have been building a site in localhost and now I’m trying to move it to a /dev site for user to upload content before the website goes live.
    I’ve exported the mysql database as explained on this discussion from PHPMyAdmin and all went well. But when I went to the host and tried importing it from the application on that side, it threw an error. Can anyone help with this?

Error
    SQL query:

— Table structure for table `wp_commentmeta`

CREATE TABLE `wp_commentmeta` (

`meta_id` BIGINT( 20 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `comment_id` BIGINT( 20 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘0’,
    `meta_key` VARCHAR( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
    `meta_value` LONGTEXT,
    PRIMARY KEY ( `meta_id` ) ,
    KEY `comment_id` ( `comment_id` ) ,
    KEY `meta_key` ( `meta_key` )
    ) ENGINE = INNODB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

MySQL said:

#1050 – Table ‘wp_commentmeta’ already exists

chrisburton
    Participant

@euge So you exported your database from the local version, installed WordPress on the live version, imported the database, changed all necessary URL’s using the plugin above and you received that error?

euge

Hi, I ended up solving this. Thanks for your help.
    I was trying to import the database with a copy of wordpress already installed.
    After a while I figured out I had to import it before I installed the wordpress files.
    Thanks again

notfilc

This plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicator/

should do the trick.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.