Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Moving BBPress forum from one existing WordPress site to another?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mtedwards

Hi Guys,

Anyone got a good grasp on BBPress database structure or be able to give me advice.

I run a site: aussietheatre.com.au and for a while now our forums have been hosted at AussieTheatreForums.com.au, but it has come time to roll them back into the one site.

At least so I don’t have to maintain two code bases but also so I can allow to logged in users to access other features.

I have set up local installs of each site and made sure that the set up is exactly the same.

When ever I use the WordPress exporter and importer I get all the Forums and the replies but no topics (I’ve tried several times with different exports).

I can import the Forums, Replies and Topics as seperate XML files, but then they aren’t linked.

I’ve tried doing it on a database level (just importing tables I need) but this over writes all my existing details?

Any ideas? Or solutions?

Thanks a lot

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.