Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Mouseover Very Slow in IE8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rubikwizard

Hello

I am not sure if this is a JavaScript or a CSS issue, so apologies if I have posted inthe wrong section.

I have made an ASP web application and I have recently added some new features to it. One of the features is to highlight a row as the mouse moves over it (there is a lot of tabular data displayed).

I have managed to get it to work as I intended and it looks great in Firefox but in IE8 it is extremely slow at registering the mouseover event. If I click on conpatibility view it works fine, just like it does in firefox.

To see this please visit my test site and then click on STAFF LOGIN and use ‘admin’ as the username and ‘secret’ as the password.

The code I used is as follows for the page …

Code:
    counter = 0
    While (NOT database.EOF)
    counter=counter+1
    if counter mod 2 = 0 then
    response.write(“

“)
    else
    response.write(“ “)
    end if

and my CSS styles (in an external sheet) are …

Code:
    .btnav { background-color: #B1BFE4; border: 1px #000000 solid;}
    .btnav1 { background-color: #A1AFD4; border: 1px #000000 solid;}

I have no idea what the problem is and it only seems to be IE8 that is very slow.

I would be grateful for any advice!

Thankyou.

rubikwizard

Hi

To try and narrow down the problem I have made a single static html page to illustrate the problem. You can view it [url="http://logan-5.co.uk/tabletest.htm"%5Dhere%5B/url%5D. As before it works perfectly in Firefox and also in IE8 in compatibility mode. But in ‘normal’ IE8 mode it is very very slow at reacting. If I reduce the number of rows it seems to speed up a tiny bit but is still slow.

Here is the code I have used in this page.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Code:

Untitled Document

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.