Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Mouseover changing separate div?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bclouatre
    Participant

*EDIT i should add i am using wordpress as a CMS, not sure how i would use jquery in wordpress as i am learning to use wordpress as a cms so don’t know how to add jquery into yet*

My brain is kind of broken right now (can’t for the life of me remember how this is done properly),

Let me paint a picture of what i am trying to do and you can figure out the best way to go about doing it. I have a navbar that i took from photoshop using one image its a solid image with all the nav already drawn on it.

I want to make it so when you hover over the parts of the image that the nav is written on, the image changes to the another one i have where the one you are moused over is scribbled out.

The way i thought to do this was like this

Style :

Code:
    #home { height:100%; width:50px; float:left;}
    #about { height:100%; width:50px; float:left;}
    #portfolio { height:100%; width:50px; float:left;}
    #blog { height:100%; width:50px; float:left;}
    #nav{ background:url(whateverimage.jpg);height:50px; width:200px; float:left;}

inside body:

Code:

But i can’t for the life of me remember how i would do it that i mouse over the about div (nothing in it it would just be there, and change the background of nav div.

Any help would be amazing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.