Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Mobile site designed in under 10 minutes?

• # July 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hi there,

We were on the phone with this guy who was designing a mobile website, for us, in under 10 minutes! We were wondering how he did it that fast. Does anybody know?

http://preview.weblinkdigital.com/compare/sayredesign

# July 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm

@StepBertha Seems as if he used a poorly made template and slapped your content in it. The design of the menu doesn’t reflect your site at all.

# July 2, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Branding fail…

# July 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

agreed…that is very generic. He could have at least changed the colors to match the other site.

# July 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

Yeah, I know. But I’m wondering about the technical aspects of it.

It’s funny to know that they did this all within 10 minutes of being on the phone. I was wondering how they grabbed the content so fast. I can’t imagine them saving it all and pasting it in. Seems like an automation of some sort.

# July 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm

@StephBertha I believe the only way he pulled that off is by having that pre-made template. Just grabbing your content and cropping it is quick and easy. I hope you turned that person down.

# July 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm

We’re definitely not doing it. We were on the phone to see what he was offering because we build mobile sites as well (much better ones though)! Always great to see what other people are offering and I was curious to know how he built it this fast.

# July 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Ah, good call.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".