Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS mobile resolutions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AttilaEgyed
    Participant

hi,

i would like to ask something about this: https://css-tricks.com/nine-ways-to-improve-user-experience-in-mobile-design/

so non retina display have 320*480 / 480*320 on landscape mode

in the tutorial mentioned above you said = (Answer: 320px by 414px.)

i downloaded the picture and checked in photoshop, isnt the visible height in browsers is 356px? because of the header and footer panel of the browser, unfortunately i dont have any kind of smartphone to test this.

these header and footer panels in browser are same size in landscape mode also? so ill need to calculate 320-header+footer size in order to display all the content w/o scrollbars.

Paulie_D

Frankly, if you are trying to squeeze all your content into a 320px tall screen to avoid scrollbars then you may have a tough time.

IMO, mobile users (re smartphones) don’t worry about scrolling up and down…they expect it. As long they don’t have to scroll horizontally to view the content is much more of an issue.

AttilaEgyed
    Participant

okay i see

Paulie_D

Of course, it will all depend on your design and my statement is nothing more than my opinion and others my differ.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.