Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Missing things on my design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    S7ylin
    Participant

Recently made a website http://bestgambino.com/ and it is my first website. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out, but I still feel like the design is missing things that draw people in. Definitely up for some thoughts, criticisms, or suggestions anyone might have. Thank you so much in advanced, I just want people to enjoy my site and get a good recognition from traffic.

Best

Jimmy
    Participant

Hey,

I think it looks really great for your first site! I am not exactly an expert on the design process (as I am still working on my own first design), however I can note one thing:

From your navigation bar, if you click on “Merchandise”, there does not seem to be a clear button which locates back to your home page. It could have just loaded incorrectly for me however I would just double check when you get a chance.

I like the site so far. Congrats!

chrisburton
    Participant

There seems to be a lot layout issues here. Typography could be improved. The overall coding is going to be troublesome since you have to literally target each post individually using post-17, post-16, etc., rather than applying the same class to all of them. Not to mention you’re using IDs rather than classes. I’m not understanding the white bars to the left and right of the page?

S7ylin
    Participant

@searsino So the merchandise link is the address to a different website, not mine. So I can’t put a link back to my page. Thank you for the reply.

@chrisburton
    I see what you’re saying about IDs, that’s actually a pretty helpful note, I will change it. Not sure what you mean by the white bars, what browser are you running? I have noticed pretty annoying issues with browser’s other than chrome, safari, IE, etc, but not entirely sure how to fix those things.

chrisburton
    Participant

Firefox.

The bars I was referring to are the actual background. It looks odd with the background image inside a wrapper. I would just set the image to the body. You also have layout problems (see below).

Jimmy
    Participant

I realized this as I walked away from the comp. haha. oooops

S7ylin
    Participant

Wow, that’s a pretty big problem. Never knew, really appreciate the notice. I’m not sure how to figure out the layout problem, or even how to look for the solution. As for the image, you’re saying I should put it in an img element in the html body instead of using the body tag in css?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.