Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Minor help with HTML

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    colette
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am coding my first page and need a little help…I’m not sure what I would search term to find the answer.

`` is part of the design of my page so I need it to show on my page, but the browser is reading it as code and therefore not visible in the browser.

What can I do to achieve the desire result of having it visible in the browser?

Thanks for your help.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@colette, are you talking about displaying code? That is the only thing off the top of my head that would render. If that is the case try using character entities such as &lt ; and &gt ;

Why dont you make a CodePen so we know what you are talking about.

TheDoc

Just added some backticks around the `` part of her post.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Ahhh, this makes sense… Thanks @TheDoc..

@colette
    , If you want to display code, it is suggested that you use <pre> and <code> tags. Also, try using html entities as well. Im sure there is a reference on this site however, the page i commonly reference is html character entities. You really dont NEED to use code and pre tags, but i believe it is best practice?!

Here is an Example CodePen. If this isn’t what you are after please clarify :)

colette
    Participant

@JohnMotylJr That is exactly what I’m looking for. So I should have searched for html entities, got it.

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.