Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS min-width issue with IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lprintz
    Participant

Hello all!

I’m reverse engineering a site and fixing some problems I inherited. The site’s local so I don’t have a link for you but I hope I can clearly explain:

I simply want a container div to expand horizontally to fit a child div which contains a table (but I wouldn’t think the table matters)

I set a min-width to the container and all’s well in all browsers EXCEPT IE7/8…the container is expanding to the full screen!!!!

I’ve poured over forums and found some really funky solutions but none of them worked. I’ve been building sites for YEARS and have never come across this issue!

I’ve uploaded the stripped down page (no images, etc.) but you’ll be able to see what I’m dealing with – http://www.siphon-marketing.com/clients/touch

In IE7/8 the container stretches to the full width of the browser…basically ignoring min-width.

I tried EVERYTHING including ‘width:expression,’ messing with doctypes, overflow:auto, white-space:nowrap…I’M STUMPED!

Can somebody save me?

Watson90

What is your min-width value set to?

Paulie_D

Apparently IE 7 is renowed for not respecting / suporting min-width.

Paulie_D

I’m wondering if the nested tables are the issue.

If the site is being rebuilt then I would suggest only using a table for the actual tabular data.

There appears to be a menu built around a table too…that should go to start.

lprintz
    Participant

ALRIGHTY!

I found a typo in one of the divs which is the reason why NONE of the fixes I found online worked!

Soooo…it’s now working in IE8 but still not in IE7.

Can somebody out there take a peak at the latest page and bail me out?

http://www.siphon-marketing.com/clients/touch

Thanks so much!

Len

Paulie_D

Please stop creating new threads for the the same issue.

if we can solve it we will…otherwise…not! :)

lprintz
    Participant

Understood but I’ve noticed once an issue moves down the page then answers are few and far between…even if it’s not marked [solved]

I’ve actually made updates to this issue but nada :(

Fingers crossed I guess!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.