Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Menu Positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dmbutler

Hi All,

How is everyone? Thanks for your help with my personal site, I am now implementing some of the changes and will get a new version online soon.

I have another little problem, I am working on the structure of a site which has the menu to be situated at the base of the header on the right hand side, however I can’t get it to sit where it’s supposed too. The only browser it works in is Opera. In FF and Safari, the menu drops too low and doesn’t sit on the base of the header.

Would anyone know what I’m doing wrong? :? Many thanks for your assistance yet again.

Best wishes,

Darrell.

A link to the structure is: http://www.kscope.co.uk/upload/files/index.html

This is the HTML

This is the CSS

Code:
    #menu {
    float: right;
    padding-top: 126px;
    width: 487px;
    }

#menu ul {
    margin: 0px;
    list-style: none;
    padding: 0px;
    }

#menu li {
    display: inline;
    }

#menu a {
    float: left;
    padding: 5px 15px;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font-size: 12px;
    display: block;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

#menu a:hover, .active a {
    color: #000000;
    background: #FFCC00;
    }

Ninja Clone

Well, if you give 125px top-padding to div menu, you should expect if to fall down :)

dmbutler

I take it this isn’t the correct way to position my menu then? How confusing!! :oops:

dmbutler

Ah yes, it looks OK in that state, but when you hover the mouse, the boxes drop below the yellow line which isn’t how I intended. I would like them to sit just neatly on the yellow line. I’m sure this is probably quite straight forwards, however I don’t seem to be able to get this right! Oh dear.

dmbutler

Er, how embarrassing. :oops: I have double checked the file in FF3 (which yesterday i wasn’t working) and Safari (again, it wasn’t working) and it now appears to be working as I intended!

That I certainly don’t understand – I’m going to need to take this away and look closer to see what was happening. :?: Thank you all so much for your assistance. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.