Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Making a restricted client area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lucas572

Hi all,

I’ve been asked by a video production company to make a restricted area for their potential clients. A space that is password protected, with a unique URL that can host a main page with video content, some bumpf and a CTA, as well as link to some blog posts specific to the logged in client.

My initial thought was to go for a content restriction plug-in, as this would immediately solve the issue of securing client sections as well as allow for a good amount of control and allow for usernames as well as passwords. But with my experience of them so far, I’m not sure how making a series of blog posts specific to each client would work?

Then I thought, WordPress has password protection built in, maybe I could make a page template and just show them how to password protect that page. Content can then be added quickly and easily. However again I’m not too sure on the best solution for the blog posts specific to each client. Maybe a custom post-type for client blogs that are also password protected?

How would you guys go about building this into a WordPress site? I’m sure there are a multitude of options, I just don’t want to spend forever on this project, I already have too much work on as it is! (I know, I shouldn’t grumble)

As a side note, this is completely different to my previous post about content restricting, just a coinkidink that I need to restrict things right now lol.

chrisburton
    Participant

I think you can do this a number of ways but it all depends on how your client wants it.

What about setting up custom post types with the name of all their clients (hopefully it’s not a long list) and password protecting those? Let’s say I add two clients with the names of Anna Wintour and J. Crew. The URL would look something like this: `domain.com/anna-wintour` or `domain.com/j-crew`

From there you just have to worry about adding custom fields and/or taxonomies for the content.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.