Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Looking for some feedback on my newest site.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Caleb

I’m not trying to spam or anything. I just really want some good feedback on the design and ease of use of my newest site. There are still a few things that need to be updated …like the blog is the same crappy one they had before.

Anyway …check it out: http://mapletronics.com/

Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks good. Not my type of design or color choices but i can imagine others enjoying this website. It looks like a website that was made a while back. Try modernizing it a little if you feel comfortable with doing that. But overall it looks like a decent website. Mind giving some feedback on my new website? it’s still under development.[My website](http://codepen.io/Jarolin/full/bwLJs “My site”)

iamRDM
    Participant

ahhh…that’s looking nice.
    Just try to remove the extra space below footer.

:Happy Coding:

iamRDM
    Participant

@Jarolin woahh man.
    How is it changing its colors ? :O

Anonymous
    Inactive

@iamRDM With CSS3 animation keyframes.

iamRDM
    Participant

oh.. ok @Jarolin Hoping t see a great website from your side :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@iamRDM Thanks.

Andy Howells
    Participant

@caleb – it’s a decent site but I’d definitely recommend getting some more modern typography into it – will help to bring it more up to date.

Caleb

Thanks!
    What about it doesn’t look modern? Is it just the typography?

@Jarolin the changing color thing is a bit much. Not a lot to comment on in the site yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Caleb Thanks for the feedback. I’m thinking a darker color with CSS might make it look more modern.

Caleb

One of the challenges I am faced with when it comes to typography is that there logo is times new roman bold and they don’t want to change it. I am doing some testing but more modern fonts make the logo look worse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If they are satisfied with the website i say leave it like that. There is nothing wrong with it if they don’t think so.

instantMash

@Caleb Why is font smoothing turned off for webkit? (I’m referring to line 16 in styles.css). The fonts are noticeably degraded. (I’m looking on a desktop Mac and iPad, Chrome and Safari).

Caleb

I will look at it again but as I recall that was listed as a fix to make fonts look “better” in webkit. I will look at it again. If you disable that style in webkit does it look better to you? I have always thought that webkit font rendering was junk!

condimen
    Participant

@Caleb, I’d try to give more color, there’s too much white, maybe add more green to the rectangles on the middle?

I noticed when looking the website on a low quality screen, the hover shadow of the rectangles seems like blue. I think it’s because it’s too blurry.
    Also on the rectangles, I’d add more vertical space between the elements, feels a bit crowded to me.

I’d also try to make more subtle the background image, it’s a bit disturbing when reading the text.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.