Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Looking for partner to help design CMS themes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Harris Christiansen
    Participant

Hi all! As I am sure many of you know, the best way to develop a skill or programming language is through personal projects. I am currently developing an integrated CMS+Forum system, but am in need of some help designing some themes for it.

I have no idea if this project is going to go anywhere, or if any money will be made off of it, so I’m not looking to hire someone to work with me. Just seeing if anyone out there is interested in being a part of such a project.

I am mainly looking for someone who can help with UI design and themes, because that is where I am terrible. I am a back-end developer, not front-end.

You can view the current system at beta.forumzbb.com, although it has limited to no functionality at the moment.

I am more than happy to further discuss the project with anyone interested. As well, feel free to contact me by email at: [email protected]

Harris Christiansen
    Participant

I completely understand that and really do not anticipate anyone being willing to help out with the project. All I have to offer for helping is the same thing I am working for: the experience and development. So especially if someone wants to work on their UI design skills this project might give that person the chance.

Other than the benefit of experience, I can also offer whoever helps the free use of the product we would be making, with hosting expenses (the server), covered by me.

Alen
    Participant

All I have to offer for helping is the same thing I am working for: the experience and development.

Other than the benefit of experience, I can also offer whoever helps the free use of the product

What if your product gets sold to Facebook for 20mil, does your designer get a cut? 50%?

See the disconnect here… there has to be some kind of legal document involved here for anyone to participate.

Harris Christiansen
    Participant

Yes, that is completely understandable. I think it is very important to give contribution to whoever helps and they would share in the profit. As to how much, that is something I would have to talk specifically to anyone interested about. And it depends to what level they contribute as too their share. But I do have no problem saying they get x % of the profits, proportional to the work they do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.