Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Looking for Current Cross Browser Solution – Copy and Paste

with Javascript / Jquery –

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stillb4llin

I’ve found code on s/o, code project, and quite a few other websites but can’t seem to get any to work properly.

Can anyone point me to a current solution? Thank so much.

Vermaas
    Participant

With this information we can’t help.

Andy Howells
    Participant

I’m not seeing any code or whatever in your post.

stillb4llin

I used this plug in: http://ericphan.info/blog/2010/1/25/cross-browser-copy-and-paste-with-zeroclipboard-updated.html

This uses flash.. which won’t work on an iphone… and we kind of need that to work.

I’ve done some other searches and can only seem to find stuff that is working with flash. I tried to locate the copy() plug in for jquery but on the jquery site all the plugins are missing – and can’t find an update to them anywhere.

I wish I had some code to show… at the moment working with flash isn’t an option.

Edit: Some that i tried yesterday:
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/javascript/article.php/3458851/Click-Its-Copied.htm

also – not sure how to get this to work.. but I wouldn’t mind this one:

function copyToClipboard (text) {
    window.prompt ("Copy to clipboard: Ctrl+C, Enter", text);
    }

Andy Howells
    Participant

Flash doesn’t work on iOS full stop.

Can you explain what you’re looking to achieve? Is it just a “one click” button to copy a whole element of text to the clipboard or something? There may be far easier ways to solve your problem depending on the required functionality.

stillb4llin

Looking for Current Cross Browser Solution – Copy and Paste with Javascript / Jquery – Copy Div to Clipboard

Not sure what happened to the entire title…

Copying an element by id.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.