Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Looking for a specific kind of Widget

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all, first post here — hope I chose the right area. I am a print designer who is being asked to create a blog for my company, and I am using the Neoclassical theme. Here’s what I’ve got so far:

http://www.tristarpub.com/blog/

My boss wants the right hand column to be content rather than widgets. One item would be a teaser for a story with a link to the full story, and the other would be a headline and a few sentences. Since I am not a developer, I am looking for the easiest possible way to achieve this, and I am wondering if a widget exists that would allow me to have this sort of content in that sidebar area.

If you look at the email image, they essentially want that right sidebar to be exactly the same on the blog.

Any idea if a widget exists that would allow me to do this? Or is this a straight up, rewrite the code or find a template that already has this included situation?

Thanks much!!

cybershot
    Participant

well, you didn’t say what cms you are using. if it is wordpress, it has a text widget already installed in the core package. You could enable that and write all the content you want. with links and everything.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.