Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Looking for a plugin for wordpress that filters images like isotope

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    croydon86
    Participant

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if there was a plugin for wordpress that works like this… http://isotope.metafizzy.co

I do not need the fluid element of this, but just the ability to filter so it only displays images for that category.

I am aware there is already an isotope plugin by Damien Saunders, but this seems to be only for the fluid layout, not the filtering.

I could easily implement this from the original site myself, but I would like to give my client the ability to upload her own images in her own categories.

Is this possible?

sharonq

This plugin on Code Canyon uses isotope and is very user friendly:

http://codecanyon.net/item/complete-gallery-manager-for-wordpress/2418606

croydon86
    Participant

@sharonq Thanks for that, that’s exactly what I was after. I have already completed the project for the client but will bookmark this plugin for use in the future.

Doesn’t seem to get the images in equal columns though, like how isotope/masonry does.

TheDoc

I don’t understand. Why don’t you just use isotope?

croydon86
    Participant

I was looking for a plugin with a friendly UI so that the client can upload images herself, placing images in a variety of categories, that then outputs like isotape. I don’t think this is possible with just using isotope, as the client will not have control.

TheDoc

I guess I don’t really know what you’re trying to do!

croydon86
    Participant

Maybe I am not being clear, let me rephrase…

I was after a plug-in that allows the client to upload images in the wordpress admin. The client can upload images to specific categories. Once uploaded, the output on the webpage is similar to isotape, allowing the user to navigate the categories, where the content smoothly reshuffles to show the selected category content.

This plugin is close to that http://codecanyon.net/item/complete-gallery-manager-for-wordpress/2418606 however the output doesn’t seem as ‘polished’ as isotope.

I can easily implement isotape myself, but the whole purpose of this is so that the client has control of uploading/removing images, through the wordpress admin

Jeager

I am actually probably going to attempt this same thing soon. I imagine it will work like this:

Custom post type of “whateverPost”

a loop query that uses post_type from “whateverPost” and uses the post_thumbnail

Add a div around the thumbnail output for whatever isotope uses (think its item?) and probably end up scaling the image via css. max-width:20% or something.

This is theory though. I have only messed around with it for a few mins so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.