Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Logo scaling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ylex1
    Participant

Hi
    I want to put my logo on my webstite and I need it to look sharp but when I include it in in my website in photoshop it automatically gives the 72 pixel resolution and it looks awful.
    It is a vector object.

chrisburton
    Participant

That’s because by default photoshop is 72 pixels-per-inch. Also, who cares? As long as you have the vector, that’s all that matters when it comes time to code.

ylex1
    Participant

Yeah, I was reading about the SVG format, is it good? do you know how to use it? any recommendations?

chrisburton
    Participant

Depends on what you’re trying to do.

An example:

background: url(image.svg);
    ylex1
    Participant

well I want it to look sharp

TheDoc

Keep in mind that it’s only going to be as sharp as people’s monitors allow (which I believe is somewhere around 72ppi).

It sounds like you simply aren’t importing it into Photoshop correctly. When you paste it into PS, make sure to paste it as a smart object.

chrisburton
    Participant

@thedocKeep in mind that it’s only going to be as sharp as people’s monitors allow (which I believe is somewhere around 72ppi).

It’s actually random. Here’s a list of PPI on multiple devices.

JoeW

Also, keep in mind that if your vector logo has too much going on, it may look fine at 300ppi (print res), but at 72 ppi it may look too fuzzy. You may need to redesign your logo a little bit to make it look cleaner and sharper at the less defined resolution.

Do you mind posting a copy of the logo?

ylex1
    Participant

it’s pretty basic actually, it’s a company named Jet advertising, the logo is just the name.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.