Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Login with Twitter (Kirby)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    __
    Participant

observation:

you can put OAuth in some other directory, but you have to change the config:

**`opauth.conf.php.default`**

‘path’ => ‘/wherever/you/want/to/put/OAuth’,

questions:

have you downloaded the [Twitter strategy](https://github.com/uzyn/opauth-twitter)?

do you have a twitter `key` and `secret` (you’ll need to add these to your config)?

twitter provides a “non” secret to test with as well: `L8qq9PZyRg6ieKGEKhZolGC0vJWLw8iEJ88DRdyOg`

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq I have. Mind if I message you a zip of what I have?

__
    Participant

@chrisburton

not at all. I’m probably going to bed soon, but I’ll have a look maƱana.

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq Not a problem. Thanks again.

__
    Participant

I just realized I’ve been saying “OAuth” this whole time, while we’re actually talking about **Opauth**.

* * Smacks forehead * *

goodnight.

chrisburton
    Participant

Ha. I knew what you were referring to regardless. I’m exhausted from trying to figure this out off and on for 10 hours. Have a good one.

__
    Participant

okay: I got this response

> Authentication error: Opauth returns error auth response.
    Array
    (
    [error] => Array
    (
    => 401
    [raw] => Failed to validate oauth signature and token
    [provider] => Twitter
    )
    [timestamp] => 2013-01-13T03:53:59+00:00
    )

AFAICT, this is a standard response when the provider (twitter) rejects the authentication attempt.

So, the Opauth example seems to be working fine, it’s just not successful. I don’t have my own twitter key+secret to test with – are you sure those you sent me are correct?[code] => 401
    [raw] => Failed to validate oauth signature and token
    [provider] => Twitter
    )
    [timestamp] => 2013-01-13T03:53:59+00:00
    )

AFAICT, this is a standard response when the provider (twitter) rejects the authentication attempt.

So, the Opauth example seems to be working fine, it’s just not successful. I don’t have my own twitter key+secret to test with – are you sure those you sent me are correct?

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq I’m 99.9% positive. Should I create a completely new set?

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq I created an entirely new application and I’m still getting the same error. I’ll send you the new file here in a second.

__
    Participant

… Have you set up a callback URL with twitter (it doesn’t need to be a real URL, just needs to have a value)?

… Have you made your Twitter app an “@Anywhere” app (whatever that means)?

I’m moving testing onto a live site, just in case it’s “localhost” that’s the problem – twitter seems to be a stickler about which domains it will authorize requests from. Maybe that’s why the example recommends trying FB first.

I’ll let you know.

**edit** no, no need to create a new key+secret. I’m getting the same response with my own set.

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq

> … Have you set up a callback URL with twitter (it doesn’t need to be a real URL, just needs to have a value)?

> … Have you made your Twitter app an “@Anywhere” app (whatever that means)?

Yes, I have done both.

>I’m moving testing onto a live site, just in case it’s “localhost” that’s the problem – twitter seems to be a stickler about which domains it will authorize requests from. Maybe that’s why the example recommends trying FB first.

I’ve tried doing the same thing with no luck. However, once you’re redirected to the callback.php file with that error, refresh and it tells you specifically what the issue is.

> no, no need to create a new key+secret. I’m getting the same response with my own set.

Too late, sorry!

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq Also, I tried this tutorial not too long ago and it worked like a charm. Not sure if I should still go about using it, though.

http://shiflett.org/blog/2010/sep/twitter-oauth

__
    Participant

why not? if you got it to work, and it’s what you want, go for it.

did you get an error message besides “Failed to validate oauth signature and token”?

__
    Participant

also, if you’re not testing in your site root, you might have to update the path in the `RewriteRule` in .htaccess as well as in the conf file.

chrisburton
    Participant

@traq

> did you get an error message besides “Failed to validate oauth signature and token”?

Well, depends on what URL I went to. If I went to /example, I’d get a PHP error. I went to /example/twitter, I’d get the same error you received and if I refreshed that same page, the error would show what the problem was.

> also, if you’re not testing in your site root, you might have to update the path in the RewriteRule in .htaccess as well as in the conf file

I was testing in the root

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.