Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Live Site…need opinion

• # October 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm

I’ve debated about even posting here, but I do want to get better and learn more. I know there are some things to work on, but want some better opinions that haven’t stared at it as long as I have. Thanks for all your input.

http://www.bigmommascoffee.com

# October 26, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I think it is very weird that there is no footer. I keep expecting to see a footer but don’t see one. I think it actually bothers me. I think you should add one and at least throw in there the date the website was created and by who. I would like to see some more pictures on the menu page. Pictures of the products, that would bring a lot more interest to the page. The site looks fine, nothing thrilling or eye catching or entertaining about it though.

# October 26, 2008 at 11:38 pm

thanks for the opinion. the content is something i am working on (i.e. adding pics to menu page) i have just hit a block creatively all together. any ideas about graphics or layout would be great also. thanks again.

# October 28, 2008 at 8:54 am

For that photo on the left top, I would do a gradient fade that fades into the background color below it for that sidebar; that would help the dramatic color change when that image changes.

I would also get rid of the border around your footer div, and possibly the other borders.

Besides that I think this is a great layout idea!

EDIT: I just took the borders off your topindex and news divs and I think I like it even more, call me nuts! (Thanks goes to Firebug for easily being able to do that)

# November 4, 2008 at 2:19 pm

To hell , with the layout . Can you at least bring the menu here to new york !!! :evil: :o

# November 6, 2008 at 9:23 am

nyshaylynn

i’ll see if i can cut you a deal on delivery to you. thanks!

# November 11, 2008 at 10:03 am

Since most of the site has more of an informal, hand-drawn feel, I would change the photo image in the upper-right to something a little more hand-drawn. You can convert the current image, trace it, etc. Then you could also repeat a version of the logo in the coffee foam if you wanted. Otherwise the photo looks like those stickers kids put on their drawings — too stark of a contrast. Great job, I only hope to be as good someday. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".