Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other LinkedIn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aoeui
    Participant

hi,

I am all for networking
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/krsiakdaniel

I like local community as we have same interests :)
    I would not be asking random people to get in touch all over the internet

join me on LinkedIn
    I am interested in new contacts and professionals in web design

theacefes
    chrisburton
    Participant

Can’t believe there are people still using LinkedIn

chrisburton
    Participant

Really? Where are you from?

chrisburton
    Participant

I am originally from New York. I would agree that it varies. Those who I know that use it here in the US, feel it serves no purpose. I hear that it’s quite the opposite in Europe, though.

Johnnyb

I would agree that it’s more useful in certain circles than in others. However, if you’re looking for a job or for freelance clients/connections then it’s a very useful resource. I get several freelance/contract inquiries every month via linkedIn, and there are a LOT of recruiters on there looking for designers/developers and advertising open positions for web-related jobs.

Here’s an example of how it’s helped me recently: 3 months ago I wasn’t actively looking for a new job but was approached by a recruiter on linkedIn who sent me information for a front-end dev job at a large online university. I ended up getting the job – it was a great position and paid 50% more than I was making at my current job. After 3 months I was made an offer by my boss at my old job for a promotion and pay-rise to go back, which I took. That never would have happened if I wasn’t on linkedIn.

I mean where else can you have access to hundreds/thousands of professional connections which you can use to advance your career in various ways? I’d say that if you know how to use it effectively then it can be a very useful tool.

Feel free to add me as a connection @krysak4ever: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnnybrackett

chrisburton
    Participant

@Karlpcrowley Yeah, I remember you telling me it’s popular there.

theacefes

I found it to be incredibly helpful during job searches and keeping tabs on people in the industry. :) It’s like Facebook without the cat pictures.

Mottie

@theacefes Hey now! What’s wrong with cat pics?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.