Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Link Styling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rebelbwb

I am currently working on a project at work where everything is being done locally so I don’t have a link to provide.

Here’s my query.

For instance I have created rules in my stylesheet to where I want to style certain text links one way within say
    #maincontent

#maincontent a {
    color: #000;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

#maincontent a:hover {
    color: #000;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

But then there may be some other links that I would like to possibly style in another manner that also reside within that #maincontent – maybe in another div inside that main one. I know right now I have some thumbnails of images which are linked to larger ones and you can see the text-decoration rule showing on those with an underline rather than nothing. That rule I referenced above seems to override everything.

Any help understanding how to style links differently within the same div would be helpful.

Thanks

rebelbwb

thanks Doc.

what would be the best way to ‘turn off’ text-decoration in the case of images on a page that are linked to larger ones that are in that #mainContent? right now all these thumbs show a 1px dotted #000 border beneath them hence this is the way most of the text links are styled in that div.

thanks

i tried what you suggested yesterday yet placed ‘class’ somewhere obviously not right.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.