Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Late night coding, do we share the same problems?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Howdy everyone,
    My whole life i function better at the late hours of the day (third shift lifestyle). Hence, this is where i do most of my coding, always tend to get in the zone too. But i plan on graduating college in March and im not too sure third shift is common in the field of computer science lol.. Anyone else having trouble making the transition back to being a day walker?

Theres just something about coding at night that gets me in the zone.

theacefes

I was in the same boat as you – I spent a while doing contract work which I could do at any time. When I started working my first full time company gig the hours were 9am-whenever you finished what you had to do. It took a few weeks but I eventually got used to it. If that’s not for you, I’m sure there are companies that work that way (probably not many) but your best bet would be to work independently.

dfogge
    Participant

i used to think i was more creative/focussed late at night, but then i realized it probably had more to do with having less distractions when i flipped my schedule to going to bed early and waking up before sunrise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.