Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript ‘Jump to link’ works in FF, not IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    StephBertha
    Participant

Hi there,

This could be a CSS issue, but I’m posting it in Javascript. My friend’s website has these ‘jump to’ links here:
    http://www.jeffreitz.com/portfolio-1.html

But the ‘Game Cards’ link only works in FF, not IE. Do you know of a reason? Can anyone help?

Appreciated,
    Steph

davidlab.be
    Participant

@StephBertha anchor links are case sensitive so check your code to make sure the link and the anchor are spelled the same. I have not looked at your code other then seeing the anchor (Saigorei) link starts with an upper case http://www.jeffreitz.com/portfolio-1.html#Saigorei change it to http://www.jeffreitz.com/portfolio-1.html#saigorei (lower case).

TheDoc

Also, please please please remove the music playing. I couldn’t even find a link to turn it off!

davidlab.be
    Participant

music + website = 90’s web

Mottie

@TheDoc but but the Jurassic Park theme!

@springlab
    & @Senff LOL just wait until you hear kids start saying that was so 10’s then you’ll know what it feels like to be old :P

StephBertha
    Participant

The music shouldn’t be playing. We put some code in to take care of it. It should ONLY be playing when clicked on that link.

What browser are you viewing?

StephBertha
    Participant

And it would be really appreciative if there weren’t 4 comments commenting on the music because that was not why I posted.

I agree – music playing is 90s, but it would be helpful if there was constructive criticism by letting me know WHICH browser the music is playing in.

Thank you.

StephBertha
    Participant

Thank you springlab for actually answering the question. I’ll try that!

TheDoc

Music is playing on its own in Chrome.

SgtLegend
    StephBertha
    Participant

@Doc – Thank you, I will tell him about it.

@ Sgt – I don’t want side notes. I didn’t post for side notes. I’m posting this as a favor to my friend hoping I would get a resolution. It is his job to fix the music and whatever else.

Again, I ask, is there anybody who can help me?

TheDoc

@StephBertha – SgtLegend was merely suggesting that you might want to look into some of the errors on the site as they can cause things to go awry in certain browsers. Nobody is going to spend 30min looking into your issue, especially when you start using the tone that you are. I understand the frustration, but nobody is actually required to help you.

Things I have noticed:

• The ‘Game Card’ link is the only one that works in FF.
    • The ‘Saigorie’ link is still capitalized.
    • As far as I can tell, none of the links other than ‘Game Cards’ work in any browser that I’ve tested. I’m guessing there is a larger problem with the Javascript.

I would recommend trying to reduce the problem. Remove elements from the page. The best thing to do would be to create a simplified jsfiddle. It could be something else on the page entirely that is making it not work.

StephBertha
    Participant

I know that nobody is required to help me, but when you spend hours trying to figure it out for free for a friend, all you want is some help. Pointing out issues as above doesn’t help me solve the initial problem. The time gets prolonged.

I’m not a mean person, I’m just frustrated . . .

Thank you, I will try that. I have tried making the S lowercase, but didn’t work. Posting on jsFiddle is a brilliant idea! If we don’t find a solution, then maybe a new script, entirely, is in order.

TheDoc

Yea, it could simply be a loosely coded script. The HTML looks like it could be slightly reworked as well.

For example, I would wrap each section in a div with an id of the link you are trying to hit.

http://webdesignledger.com/tutorials/11-useful-jquery-tab-navigation-solutions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.