Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

JQuery problem.

• # January 11, 2009 at 12:37 pm

hey everyone,

i hope all is well.

i’ve been stuck on something for the past 3 hours… for those experienced in JQuery, it should be very easy…

if you try to run "http://pastebin.com/m51a040cd" … it will run smoothly BUT the problem is that if you fill the email in a wrong way, it will display the error but the page will still submit.

i don’t want the AJAX code to run unless all fields are working properly… these fields are "email and checkbox"

any help?

thanks in advance…

mb

# January 18, 2009 at 11:27 pm

id try
    giving the submit button dIsabled="disabled" then,
    making a var valid = false and once it is true (everything checks out on the forum)
    remove the attr from the input button… but make sure you check the validation via php as well

# January 19, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Definitely something funny going on… by default the jquery validation plugin doesn’t allow normal submission of a form until the validation errors are fixed. But I bet since you have build a custom action for that submit button that is getting through…

You might have to write something custom to disallow that ajax submission part until validation passes. A little beyond a simple fix for my brain right now =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".