Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQuery Pathslider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mottie

So the latest “crazy” Mottie plugin has been added to my Github. Basically it’s a numerical slider that doesn’t just move horizontally or vertically, but follows a path – a bezier path specifically.

It’s still in the alpha stages and needs a bit more work to be as useful as a real slider. But I just wanted some input on if I just wasted my time on something that no one will ever use, or should I keep working on it? Is it something practical? I guess a basic arch might be useful, but who is going to use a slider that has a loop in it? I think I can get multiple bezier curve combined together so you can get a cool sine wave or something, but that’ll take a bit more work.

Anyway, here is the demo page and here is the builder page that makes the code to use with the base pathslider plugin. The base pathslider “should” work in all browsers (like IE6+), but the builder page requires a browser with canvas.

TheDoc

Yea, I guess my question would be, “When would I ever use this?”. At this point in time, I don’t have a use! Cool though!

Mottie

LOL… well at the home screen on my android phone there is a sorta curved slider that is only an indicator of which screen you are on. It changes when you drag right or left to indicate which screen you are on.

I guess it could also be used for a “make sure you’re not drunk, slide to unlock” LOL

noahgelman
    Participant

The Basic Slider would be kind of cool as a content slider thats in a wheel shape, if you know what I mean. I’m sure some sites could make use of a wiggle or zig zag slider, if that’s the design, but I can’t think of anything that would use a P Slider. I still think it’s a pretty amazing idea

Mottie

I put in the readme two circle sliders (here and here) that work pretty well. I don’t think Pathslider will be made to be continuous like those two plugins (loops around the circle forever), I was planning on making it stop when it hits the start and end.

And the “P” slider was just for show, as well as the loop slider (preset 5 of the builder) ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.