Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

jquery issues with docMenu and startStop Slider

• # November 20, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Hi, I seem to be having issues while trying to include both the doc menu jquery menu (http://www.ndesign-studio.com/blog/desi … dock-menu/) , and the jQuery start stop slide show (from Chris Coyer).

I finally got the slider to work properly, but now the images within the doc menu to not appear where they should be. Also, when I hover over the only image in the doc menu, it does not enlarge per the intended effect.

Would anyone have a workaround or an idea on what I can do?

The page I am trying this on is here:

http://j2studio.com/11202009/index.shtml

Thanks in advance!

# November 20, 2009 at 5:20 pm

The errors on the page could have something to do with it.

Another reason could be that you’re calling two different jquery files. It might not like that, but I don’t know enough about JS to say for sure.

# November 21, 2009 at 1:47 am

To begin with you should really be calling the javascript files in the document head or before the closing body tag.
    Doc is right why are you calling 2 jQuery files? Not that it matters as one of them can’t be found. The one that is loading, jquery-1.2.6, is very old, you should be using the latest version.
    Check the paths, these two files are not being found:
    <script src="docMenu/js/jquery.js" type="text/javascript">
    <script src="docMenu/js/interface.js" type="text/javascript">

# November 21, 2009 at 9:52 am

I think I was having issues when I called the JavaScript for the slider until I created an include for it and made the call within the include. Then I was having a conflict with both. So I tried masking the scripts by placing them in 2 different locations, using different names, etc.

I will try what you recommended, thanks for the help!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".