Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQuery Help – Image Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Folks!

I need some help tweaking a small piece of functionality on a site Im working on.

You can access the site here: http://mybcferriesmemories.trapeze.ca
    username: test
    password: test

You will be redirected to a gallery. Everything is working the way I want, except I would like to disable the previous button when on the first slide, and the next button while on the last. Ultimately, I just need a css class on the button when there isnt any more items so that I can remove the hover state.

Now, I am using a modified version of jcarousel lite and this functionality is SUPPOSED to be built in, but for some reason it is not working. You can see the modified jcarousel code here: http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/2c7c4a86d19cadf9?pli=1

Any help is very much appreciated!

– Amy

Hey Mark! Thanks for the reply :)

I originally had it loading via ajax but I couldn’t get the slide animation going :/

Am I missing something? Because I see no disabled class:

jamygolden

That’s a pretty complicated jQuery image slider lol. It’s pretty messy so I can’t really see what’s going on, also a plugin isn’t really necessary for something like this (I don’t think so at least). I’m about to do a tutorial on this, however I haven’t completed it yet.

What I would do is say (in javascript of course):
    – When you click on previous
    – If the <ul>’s left value is greater or equal to 0, do nothing, otherwise slide like normal

and

– when you click on next
    – If the <ul>’s left value is less or equal to -7406px;, do nothing, otherwise slide like normal

Here is a snippet of my example – Where #gal-prev is the prev-button and #gallery is the <ul>

jQuery("#gal-prev").click(function(){
    if(jQuery("#gallery").position().left < 0){
    jQuery("#gallery").animate({left : "+=95px"});
    }
    return false;
    });

I’ll post a link to the completed example once I’m done with it if you still need help.

Hi jamy_za!

Thanks for the feedback… definitely post the link to your tutorial or send to me via twitter :)

I know it’s really messy and complicated *hangs head in shame*. I have a lot to learn :P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.