Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

jQuery Gallery Increment

• # November 19, 2011 at 3:06 am

http://jsfiddle.net/attilahajzer/7g8WS/

How do i make the gallery incriment work?

P.S. This time I wont be ignoring @Mottie.

# November 19, 2011 at 7:49 am

YAY @ not being ignored ;)

I’m not sure what you mean by increment, all I see in that demo are image (that aren’t showing for me for some reason) and a button to show the hidden ones. So, I have a few questions ;)

Do you want to use a jQuery plugin, or do you want it pure css?

Where does the increment start?

How do you want to display the image? In a light box, or just a larger image next to the thumbs?

How would the increment work? Do you want previous and next buttons? click on the image to advance? mousewheel or swipe navigation?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

# November 20, 2011 at 2:19 am

http://jsfiddle.net/attilahajzer/7g8WS/14/

we can make it pure CSS? SWEET!. and i dont want to use a jQuery Plugin. i dont really like to use plugins. not a fan of them yet. and the incriment starts after the 9th image.when you click “More” i want 3 more images to show up, and the “More” button to be at the bottom of the 12 images (9 origonal images, PLUS the new 3). and when clicking More again, 3 more images added, and the More button appears at the bottom of the 15 images. probably a lightbox. i would like previous and next buttons. and not swipe nav, but (arrow Keys) i know it may sound archaic but i feel its really handy. and i have no idea what you mean by this “What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?”

# November 20, 2011 at 2:20 am

I dont mind using lightbox plugin, but for the incriment I would like jQuery if its really better to use a plugin for it all, then i wont mind :) thanks again Mottie.

# November 20, 2011 at 9:19 am

Whoa! I’m not gonna do all the work for you! And I’m still learning css3, so I’m not able to throw that out there, I was just asking and I have my own stuff to do too ;)

But I will give you a nudge in the right direction… try this $(".hidden:hidden:lt(3)").show();

I’ve also done some minor things to the demo.

* Sigh, and you’re not even a Monty Python fan.

# November 21, 2011 at 1:38 am

and i know. i dont expect you or anone to “do it for me”, if that was the case, how and when would i ever learn. there’s no replacement/substitute to hard work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".