Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jQuery for browsers with JavaScript disabled fix?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mitso
    Participant

Hi everyone again… I think I’m starting to bust some chops here, but thanks for everyone’s help anyway.

Now I’m trying to learn how to create a ‘fix’ for browsers with disabled JS. For example, my jQuery slider displays all its images vertically in those situations.

How can I make my site display a non-sliding version instead of displaying it that way?

theacefes

Here is a link to get you started.

stackoverflow.com/questions/6724515/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-html-no-js-class

I think you could use the no-js class to write your slideshow css to display however you like if a user has JS disabled.

theacefes

Sorry, I couldn’t edit the link to be in an anchor tag properly because I fail but just copy/paste it.

Paulie_D

>Considering that removing HTML classes with JavaScript takes a time.

How much time? Is it so much that you can actually perceive it personally?

If not, then it’s a non-issue.

Paulie_D

But that wasn’t the actual question.

The question was:

>How can I make my site display a non-sliding version instead of displaying it that way?

Until we see the site, we can’t comment, but I would google “pure CSS slider” being aware that you will have legacy browser issues for actual animations / transitions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.