Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript jquery cycle manual navigation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    margaux
    Participant

I’m using the jquery cycle plugin on this site to display some photos. Its set up to automatically rotate through all the slides and users the pager option to build a custom navigation. However, I would like to add the capability to click on my custom navigation to go directly to any slide.

Please look at this [pen](http://codepen.io/margaux/pen/BwCha “”) to see what I mean. Currently the nav is positioned above the slider and clicking any of the bullets takes you directly to that slide. However, I want the nav to be positioned below the slider, but when I use the commented out css, the nav positions nicely but clicking on it doesn’t take you directly to the corresponding slide.

any suggestions? thanks!

pixelgrid
    Participant

quick and dirty solution : use a z-index for the #indexNav a
    z-index:10 for example

the way you should do it make #indexnav absolutelly positioned make its parent relative and then position it to the bottom your problem now is overlapping elements

margaux
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as you suggested and I also had to change the jquery as per someone’s suggestion from another forum which did get it working – original pen has been updated.

It’s thrown out the layout of the whole page so I may be back with a question in css combat. Thanks again for the reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.