Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Jquery code into wordpress post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lisadamus
    Participant

Hi, I would like to add jquery code into wordpress post. Is it possible? How can I do that? I would like to create some animations.
    Thanks

gurujust1n

What type of animations are wanting? There might be a plugin for that. haha

lisadamus
    Participant

I want to hide and show a div. I didn’t found a plugin about that.

gurujust1n

Like fading? Or just to completely hide and show certain divs, because that can me accomplished with CSS?

lisadamus
    Participant

I want to create a write “Show details” and when I click on, that changes in “Hide details” and shows the div. I think I can do that only with jquery.

ksmith

Enabling JS to be published in a post is a bad idea. Its security hole that people will take advantage of if they know its possible. That aside if you know how to register/enqueue a script in WP you could accomplish what you want with a few lines of jQuery targeting a certain class or ID you can add into the post. Not sure if that is what you are talking about. Thinking about it it seems like what you are taking about should be put into your theme and not in a post but thats me thinking aloud.

lisadamus
    Participant

[Solved] Thank you very much for the answer. I think I will add the code into the theme. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.