Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Joomla Components

• # March 19, 2012 at 7:11 am

Is there a way to install a single component multiple times on a single joomla site ?

# March 19, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Sort of. But it doesn’t sound like a quick fix, and you’ll want to be careful that the component instances are using separate databases. For good or ill, Joomla just isn’t set up this way.

# March 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I hacked one to make a duplicate once. I needed to make modifications for specific reasons. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

# March 19, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Cool. nice to hear that it can be done . any suggestions ? coz, i will be using different databases for both of them, but still will joomla allow me to install it ?

# March 19, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Here’s a link that might help:
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2165361

Read the fourth post down. The gist is that you have to rename the component in every file of the installation package.

What component are you using, btw?

# March 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm

i am using coursemanager. this offers section only for courses, but i want to add an extra section for classrooms, i thought of injecting code into it, but for some reasons adding extra code just breaks the component, so i tought if i could install it twice (independently) i could make it work and moreover i could have more flexibility on handling both courses and classrooms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".