Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Javascript and Mailchimp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kujawat

I have built a wordpress site template implementing alot of things i learned from Chris’s video segments where he created Kailin Yong’s site.. my particular issue is the "frilly" graphics he used used some java.. the mailchimp plugin blocks java… my delima is, according to mail chimp support knowledge base, most mail programs will block java… i want to use the "frilly" type graphics and have used them in numerous places on the site… mine are little red hearts, but the same concept.. anyway… does anyone know of a way to make it work without java? I’m kinda new to development, so i thought i’d ask here… maybe Chris or someone can help me… or.. does anyone know a good mailing list/newsletter program or plugin for wordpress that will work with the simple java code I’m using… any help is appreciated.. maybe this is better suited for the cms forum… if i need to post there someone let me know…

Thanks
    Tracy

PS. Chris, you friggin rock.. your site rules and i bow to you for making css and development in general easier to learn with your effort on this and other sites you contribute to… Thanks for making me a better developer…

box

Mail template sites and scripts block JavaScript because email clients don’t support javascript. When designing an email template, forget all you know about web standards and revert to Tables for layout with inline CSS. So any graphics would need to be declared as background images to tables cells etc. It won’t be pretty, but with a bit of planning, you should be able to do what you want. Just remember, an email is not a web page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.