Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Issue with "Dynamic FAQ Page" from CSS-Tricks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scorix

I just downloaded the "Dynamic FAQ Page" found in the freebies section here at CSS-Tricks. The demo worked like a charm, but when implementing it on my own site, it doesn’t work perfectly.

My website runs on the latest version of WordPress, using the built-in jQuery library. This problem is present in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE.

When putting the HTML-code into a WordPress page, the FAQ looks as you would expect, but when clicking the answer button, the entire button jumps into the blue frame where the question is located, extending the height of the frame to give room for the button.

Here is a picture so you can see what I mean:

[attachment=0]FAQ Bug.png[/attachment]

The button jumps back to its original position after you’ve clicked it, so you only see it as kind of a flicker when clicking it, but this is rather annoying, and this is not something I can serve to my readers.

If someone could help me understand why this is not working on my site, I would be very greatful! =)

rudynorman

Providing a link to your site so we can see it working (or not working in this case) usually helps.

Scorix

My site is not open to public yet, so I can’t give you a link I’m afraid.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.