Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Is it Possible?

• # July 23, 2008 at 4:58 am

Is it possible to make a marquee with a image in the background of my site. I also want to do with with my sites MySpace

Code:

(ABOVE CODE)I cant make this the background of my site… I want to make it go in the top left corner

Code:
    body{background: transparent url(http://www.filmgrenade.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/moon_monster_milkbox.png);
    background-color: 1b1b1b;
    background-position: top left;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

this is the static image…it just stays on the top left even when scrolling but i want it to move like a marquee.

if anyone is wondering why i am doing this, i am trying to make it look like the moon is moving across the sky during the time visitors are on my site.

hope someone could help

box
    # July 23, 2008 at 5:09 am

marquee is a deprecated HTML element, so its use is frowned upon. It’s both a styling element and behavioural and has no place in modern HTML mark-up.
    You could use an animated gif? Or a flash animation which, given that it’s purely a design feature I don’t see any problems with accessibility with using flash in this case.
    If you wanted to use coding for such a design, then I would class a moving image as behavioural content so you might look at javascript to move your image across the screen.

I’d be inclined to use flash in this case – and I don’t say that often :p lol

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".