Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Is Domain.com Trying to Defraud Me?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    CodeGraphics
    Participant

I registered a domain with domain.com. I paid and I was give access to my cpanel. After about one week, i registered another one and paid for hosting. They said the two domains will be under one cpanel. Just yesterday, I asked them that I want the two domains to have separate cpanel because my client who owns one of the domains is asking for the details of the cpanel of his website. Domain.com told me that I will have to sign up for a new account. I asked how? They said I will have to pay for another hosting and a separate cpanel will be given to me for the other account.

pls is this how hosting companies operate. I have been using siteground.com, and I never experienced something like this. I just said let me try out this domain.com guys despite all the negative experiences I read about them on different fora.

TheDoc

Sounds pretty normal to me, but I’m sure different companies have different policies.

But to answer your specific question:

> Is Domain.com Trying to Defraud Me?

No.

chrisburton
    Participant

Agree with @TheDoc.

> but I’m sure different companies have different policies.

I’d like a list of reliable hosts that conduct business this way. I’ve never heard of anything like it.

@codegraphics

Registering domains do not automatically give you hosting access in most cases (unless specified otherwise). This seems to be an honest mistake on your part.

Solution: Purchase a hosting account for your client (as you should have done initially) and send them their credentials.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@Chrisburton, I registered and paid for the hosting. As I speak to you now, the two domains are online. I paid for one year hosting each. Why will i be made to pay another one year to have a separate cpanel for the other domain? This is strange. I never experienced this with Siteground.

chrisburton
    Participant

@codegraphics

Are you confused or is it me?

What do you mean by you “registered” for the hosting? There’s a difference between registering a domain and purchasing a hosting plan.

For what you’re trying to do, you need to purchase 2 separate hosting accounts which should give you access to a CPanel for each account. Are they only providing one?

It seems from your initial post that you paid for a domain and hosting account and then registered an additional domain that links to your account rather than purchasing a new plan.

TheDoc

In my experience, two CPanels == two accounts. I have one hosting plan that I host a bunch of different domains on. One CPanel. If you are doing this for clients then you’ll want to look for a proper resellers account.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

You guys are making me look like a fool. I said I registered for two domains and paid for their hosting plans.

__
    Participant

No one is trying to make fun of you. It wasn’t completely clear from your previous comments if you meant if you had purchased separate hosting plans or not (in fact, I’m not sure it is clear even now – as @chrisburton explained, *domain registration* and *web hosting* are different transactions. To expand on that,

> I registered for two domains and paid for their hosting plans.

A hosting plan does *not*, by definition*, belong to a domain name; it is associated with a server (or space on a shared server). One or more domain names may be registered (through the same company that provides your hosting, or a different company) and point to that (or another) web host.

**of course, some companies may offer deals that include both.*

Are you saying that you paid for two domain registrations *and* two web hosting accounts? If so, then you should now have two accounts, and pointing one of the domain names at the other hosting account would be a simple matter.

As a side note,

> I just said let me try out this domain.com guys despite all the negative experiences I read about them on different fora.

Why would you decide to use a service based on an abundance of bad reviews?

CodeGraphics
    Participant

hmmmmm

chrisburton
    Participant

Correct. I wasn’t trying to make you look like a fool, @codegraphics. As @traq mentioned, the way you have gone about this isn’t quite clear.

Alen
    Participant

> … then you should now have two accounts, and pointing one of the domain names at the other hosting account would be a simple matter.

My understanding is that he needs two separate cpanel’s. @codegraphics No? That he paid for domain1/hosting1 and domain2/hosting2 all under one cpanel. Now he wants domain2/hosting2 to have separate cpanel so that client can manage it.

Ask them to create new account and transfer domain2/hosting2. (Since you’re using the same company, I don’t see how this would be a problem, just call/email them explaining your situation)

Alen

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@AllenAbdula, thank u. You got my point. I have resolved that with them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.