Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Is 1024×768 still an issue?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StephBertha
    Participant

Is this screen resolution still on somebody’s mind while designing? I just see the statistics of people using it and it’s really low.

Would you say it’s something we should keep in mind, responsively?

Senff
    Participant

With 16% of the (worldwide) population, it’s not something to ignore.

About 20% has 1366×768, and 12% has 1280×800.

Then again, look at your target group and how THEIR screens are, cause that’s what matters for your site.

TheDoc

It all depends on the site you’re working on. Different sites get completely different traffic. Quite a bit of research should go into these choices!

Having said that, if you’re building a site responsively then you should have 1024px covered pretty easily.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

1024*768 is also the resolution of iPad 2 if no mistake. :)

StephBertha
    Participant

Good feedback! I’ll work it in, responsively. I agree that there’s some research needed. Time to dive into Google Analytics, thanks!

pmac627
    Participant

Check out [HTML5Boilerplate](http://www.html5boilerplate.com/ “HTML5 Boiler Plate”)’s responsive template stylesheet. It has some good default sizes. I added a 320px for the tiny iPod Touch screens (and my Razr Maxx’s vertical screen). With those sizes, I’ve had no issues on any screens I’ve tested on, including 1024*768.

kevinvance
    Participant

Every project is a little different of course, but generally if it’s responsive, it’s probably best to let the content and the design dictate where the breakpoints are, and not so much any particular device’s screen resolution.

I mean, we should definitely make sure it looks good and functions as expected on all those devices, but I dont’ think it’s necessary that we base breakpoints on them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.