Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Invoice Modify

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sentrywiz

**Hello All**

This is my first thread, so I thank all beforehand for responding to it.

Yesterday I found this thread about how to make an invoice. This is incredibly powerful and just amazing how simple it is — no software, no computer swap, no printer juggling. Nothing, just add and print or save. The thread is here:
    [Your text to link here…](https://css-tricks.com/html-invoice/ “Invoice Make”)

As amazing as this is, I am having challenges modifying it for my company’s needs. Here are the things I want to change but I am having challenge with:

1. Don’t need the dollar sign ($) – I see how great this is for users that have dollars as a currency, however I don’t and I would like to remove all the dollars from the script. However when I do so, the script gets horribly disfigured and doesn’t operate properly:

– You can no longer edit the fields where the dollar was present
    – There is blank space in the field that cannot be removed
    – You cannot add or remove rows

2. Adding a “Open Invoice” script – This is what my company needs, the ability to modify upon existing invoices. Its simpler to open an invoice and change a couple of figures and/or text than completely write a new one. If someone has a different idea that doesn’t involve saving the last invoice code as a html file because that’s the only solution I can think of right now.

Much appreciated.
    (p.s – I put this thread in Javascript but it can be moved anywhere)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.