Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other inuit css: start watch command

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sjoerdth
    Participant

I’m trying to check if inuit.css is useful for me, but I can’t figure out how to start polling for changes. Normally when using sass I use the “compass watch” command, but inuit has some kind of dedicated watch file that is supposed to make things easier. Quote from the inuit documentation: “watch is a handy little script which makes it easier for you to watch your Sass from the command line; instead of the $ sass –watch … command, you now need only type $ ./watch and the script will do the rest. Running this will compile your project into style[.min].css.”

So I cd to my project directory and tried typing “$ ./watch”, but to no avail. I have the feeling there’s something very basic I’m missing, maybe because I’m not really used to doing things into cmd so I don’t really understand what it’s supposed to do.

TheDoc

Don’t type the $. Only type ./watch.

sjoerdth
    Participant

Still doesn’t do anything, my console is in Dutch but loosely translated it returns: “. is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batchfile”

I’m on a windows pc btw.

Alen
    Participant

It doesn’t hurt to actually read documentation page.

https://github.com/csswizardry/inuit.css#using-compass

Also, all you need is Sass installed (which you already have re: Compass)

_inuit.scss is the one you need to compile.

sjoerdth
    Participant

I did, if you’d read my post you’d have seen that I quoted from the documentation and that I’m not asking which file I need to compile. Compiling is not the issue perse, when I delete the watch file, create a config.rb file and use the compass watch command it’s starts polling for changes and compiles just fine. But that’s not the way inuit.css is set up and I assume it’s preferable to use it as was meant.

seb
    Participant

Hi there,

I took the ‘watch’ file and put a ‘.sh’ at the end.
    In the console I wrote :’ ./watch.sh ‘ and it’s working just fine.
    Hope this could help

OS windows 8.1 || Console:Powershell

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.