Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Intropage for a wordpress site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    t.sjogren

Hi

I´m developing a site for a customer using wordpress and it´s up and running.

Now the customer wants a intropage that loads every time the http://www.site.com is fired up in the browser.

After the visitor clicks the "next" button in the intropage the main site (index.php) loads…

What is the the best (simplest) way to do this?

apostrophe
    Participant

Tell your customer what a bad idea it is. A large proportion of visitors will take one look at an intro page and immediately go somewhere else.

If you really must do it???! Then create a custom page template, make your page using that template and set it as the front page in the WordPress back end.

cajebo
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    Tell your customer what a bad idea it is.

I agree with apostrophe. Intro pages are for the most part "exit" pages in your analytics.

I think maybe it would be nice to know why the client asked for this. If their ‘means to an end’ was to simply offer a quick introduction to the whys and wherefores of what they’re all about, a ‘custom-page’ like apostrophe mentioned, with some sort of jQuery slider, would be an apt solution to their request. Showcasing of their warez and services could be accomplished in a very slick manner, yet marriage to the basic wordpress theme could still be maintained.

(and that domain name they snatched is outstanding.)

have you done anything yet with the redesign/development? I noticed from the source for the url that it’s still an ancient table-based design.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.