Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Internet Explorer Float Issue?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    k_mcminn

I’ll give that a try! Thanks! :)

Senff
    Participant

It looks bad in IE because your markup is wrong. You have something like this:

An unordered list (UL) can ONLY contain listitems (LI), and in those listitems you can have a lot of other things. What you have, is anchors in the UL (and they are also not closed properly). So what you probably intended (or what you SHOULD do) is this:

Yup, IE may be difficult to work with, but in my experience, 9 out of 10 times it’s incorrect code. :)

k_mcminn

Thank you very much, Senff!

I have taken your advice, and adjusted a few things, but now it looks great! Will you please look at this link in IE and tell me if everything looks OK? Also, I closed that one anchor. ;)

[Example Link for IE9](http://www.nintendonerds.com/categories/wii-u/wii-u-achievement-system-not-standard-r677 “”)

Watson90

@k_McMinn – looked fine in IE9 to me. However you had 2 rows earlier now you only seem to have 1 row.

Senff
    Participant

@k_mcminn: you don’t need to wrap every single listitem in its own UL. Instead, use ONE UL that contains more listitems.

k_mcminn

Thanks guys!

@Watson, I changed the layout to be 5 wide.

@Senff
    – Thanks very much! That code is from a block that’s using a foreach statement. It looks like I have it all sorted out now. :)

[Your text to link here…](http://www.nintendonerds.com/categories/wii-u/wii-u-gamepad-has-accessory-connector-r680 “Example Link”)

k_mcminn

Hmm…interesting.

I’ve added another row and IE doesn’t like it. It still looks great in other Browsers, but IE isn’t accepting it.

EDIT: Actually, Chrome isn’t liking it, either.

EDIT 2: I think I fixed it?

Watson90

Looks great on my mobile mate.

k_mcminn

Cool! Thanks so much to everyone who provided assistance so promptly.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.