Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Internal Links Not Working Once Posted to Web Server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joshdelph

I have a website (http://www.gosplash.eu). The URL redirects to http://www.mygosplash.com/eu/

Here is the issue I am having. I have internal links from the “main navigation” at the top that are linked to the div ids below. When I test this site locally, everything works as expected. However, once I post to the web server, the links just don’t work. I have triple-checked everything. All of the IDs are correct. On the status bar in Safari 5.1.8 on Mac OS X 10.6.8, it shows that the link is directed to the correct div on the page, but nothing.

If anyone could could provide some insight, I would be grateful. I am the only web designer at my company and just can’t figure this one out.

Many Thanks in Advance!

-Josh

TheDoc

Where in your code are you actually calling one of your scrolling scripts?

TheDoc

When I click on the links, the URL isn’t update. That’s sounds like there’s some sort of `preventDefault()` going on.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

When I type in the URL manually, it works. So definitely a JavaScript thing. You are loading a lot of JS files, which one handles scrolling? (too many plugins with name containing scroll so it’s easier to test if I know where to look)

joshdelph

Thanks guys! There is actually no JavaScript for the scrolling. It is simply an internal link. Although, your comments make me think that perhaps one of the JavaScript files is causing the default browser behavior to act strangely…

joshdelph

Got it figured out. One of the “scrolling” .js files was causing the issue. Deleted them and got it working. Now to make it a little more elegant…

Thank you both for your help. It led me to the problem.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Any time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.