Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Internal link not working properly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DesignLady94

I have an internal links set up on this page:

debbierking.com/bootstrap/index.php

The Work and Contact links are working correctly. However, the About link is acting very capricious, especially when clicked on from another page. It usually takes you to the *bottom* of the section, rather than the top. Or sometimes it takes you the top then drops down to the bottom.

I have been going round and round on this, trying many different things but am not able to isolate the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the markup:

A Bit About Me

TheDoc

Seems to work fine for me! Are you experiencing this in a particular browser?

DesignLady94

You’re right! I failed to check this in Chrome and Safari, where it’s working fine. I am having the problem in Firefox.

wolfcry911
    Participant

Works fine for me in Firefox 17.0.1 – OS X 10.8.2

I love your work btw

DesignLady94

Thank you!! It’s been a real pain to code all this in Bootstrap though :(

I am using FF 18.0 with OS X 10.6.8.

DesignLady94

What’s interesting is that it sometimes goes the About header for just a second and then drops down.

DesignLady94

Have been googling and see that others have had similar problems in Firefox with internal links, but am not seeing any solution. Have tried so many different things…what is strange is that this only is happening with the About link.

wolfcry911
    Participant

I just updated and I’m still not experiencing any problem. What screen size are you viewing at?

edit// I just shrunk the window up and now I can replicate the problem…

DesignLady94

So any ideas? I am really stumped on this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.