Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Intel Core i3 for programming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sergeivisotsky
    Participant

I’m programmer. I prefer web programming. My notebook based with processor Intel Core i3 2.53 gHz (Arrandale). My question is – What processor is better for web programming Core i3 or Core i5? What do you think is my processor Intel Core i3 2.53 gHz (Arrandale) good or worse at this time for web programming?

Koopa
    Participant

Any computer, which is capable to run the latest browsers is sufficient for web development. A fast internet connection is more important, than the specs of your machine ;)

Merri
    Participant

One could argue it is better to have a low performance machine so that you don’t end up making stuff that is too heavy for regular users. Developers tend to prefer high end machines, but there is a danger of building stuff that works fine on your machine, but ends up being very slow for most other users. In web development you have to take usability into account and unfortunatenaly that also means there are those low end computers and other devices that rule out some stuff. The wider the audience the more limitations you have to play with.

Other than that the computer you use is your preference. As @Koopa said, there really are no spec requirements. Development is possible on about any machine you can find from the past 10 years or so. So you can’t use web development as such as a reason to buy a new computer.

However! If you go web designer route and want to run applications such as PhotoShop you probably want to find something faster. Personally I prefer Paint Shop Pro 7 that has served me well for the past 12 years or so, it loads instantly and does things that I need it to do so I have no interest for “better”. And I am more of a developer than a designer.

sergeivisotsky
    Participant

Thanks for consultation!

You have to go for core i5 for web programming.

sergeivisotsky
    Participant

How many Intel Core i5 is fester than Intel Core i3?

djrolstad
    Participant

I’m a web developer and I’m still using a 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo with Windows XP ;p

TheDoc
    sergeivisotsky
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.