Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Installed theme and bbpress but no forum link in dashboard?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

Hi I installed a theme that works with bbpress. I installed bbpress plugin after. I can’t make a forum. There are no options anywhere in the dashboard for it. I spent 2 hours clicking everything to see if it was hidden and no luck. Any ideas

Paulie_D

http://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started-with-bbpress/

Upon activation, bbPress will make additions to three areas of the WordPress Administration Screens:

bbPress creates three custom post types and adds them to the navigation menu: Forums, Topics, and Replies. Use these menu items to create and manage your forums.
    A sub-menu found at Settings > Forum. Customize these settings for greater control over bbPress.
    A Dashboard widget – Right Now in Forums – which shows recent bbPress-related activity. Use the widget to quickly monitor your forums. If you are unable to see this widget, visit your WordPress Dashboard, click on the Screen Options tab at the top right of the Dashboard and make sure that “Right Now in Forums” is checked.
    Creating your First Forum

Once you have bbPress installed, you will no doubt want to create a Forum. There are three new menu items on your WordPress navigation menu. These are:

Forums – create and manage your forum
    Topics – topics are created within forums, they are the issues that are being discussed
    Replies – replies are made to topics, this is the actual discussion.

Senff
    Participant

If you installed (and activated, of course) the BBpress plugin but you see no options for it anywhere under your navigation menu (like the documentation says), it’s possible that another plugin is conflicting with it, or that the theme doesn’t support it after all.

If you’re sure that’s not the case, you may want to post a message in the plugin’s forum, so that the authors see it: https://bbpress.org/forums/

I just installed it on my WP test site, using a default theme, and right away I see the options to create a Forum, Topic or Reply in the left sidebar of the admin.

Also, don’t give people admin access just like that to check into problems. We’re a friendly bunch here of course, but it’s never recommended to give strangers admin access to your site.

Senff
    Participant

I just checked the features and it lists that it has “Full intergration with bbPress” (sic), so I would assume you do not need to install the bbPress yourself. Try disabling the plugin you installed and see if there’s anything that helps you then.

If I look at your WP admin screenshot, I see two options that are not “standard”, Activity and Groups, so that may be where you should be looking.

Still no luck, then you should really contact the theme vendor and ask for some help. First of all, it’s a paid theme so we can’t install it ourselves to try and see what might be wrong. Second, they’re supposed to give you support — it’s part of the $58 you paid for it, after all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.