Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Infinite Scroll + Masonry append help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ans
    Participant

I have infinite scroll working on my tumblr theme (http://asindexed.tumblr.com/). I have added Masonry but it seems to stop working after what would be the ‘first page’. When I try to add the appended method (http://masonry.desandro.com/docs/methods.html) everything just goes back to a grid as though masonry was not functioning…

Can anybody help me out? Thanks!

Here is the current script that has masonry working for the first 15 posts:

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant

I guess the problem is on $(window).load()
    Can you make a specific function that will make each time an item is loaded, the masonry function will be triggered again and again. I do not know how the infinite scroll function works, but this is roughly:

$('#posts').infiniteScroll({
    }, function() { // Always trigger the masonry each time an item is appended
    $('#posts').masonry({isAnimated:true});
    });
    ans
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Hompimpa. That’s what I thought but doing that seems to disable masonry all together, it stops working even on the first few posts…?

I am getting infinite scroll by the tumblrautopagernopage.js script. I have this div around all posts:

And this in the CSS:

.tumblrAutoPager_page_separator {display:none !important;}
    .autopagerize_page_element{min-height:600px !important;}
    ans
    Participant

still haven’t solved this..? Is anyone able to help?

Thanks

TheDoc

Hey @ans, unfortunately I don’t have any experience in the plugin you are using. I have, however, successfully used Paul Irish’s Infinite Scroll with Masonry on a couple of Tumblr blogs. Try switching to that and if you run into any issues, I’ll be happy to lend a hand.

ans
    Participant

Hey @TheDoc, thanks for your reply.
    I have tried putting the Paul Irish script in but now masonry doesn’t seem to work, the footer has moved up to the side and infinite scroll only works if I have this in the description box:

I am new to javascript and very lost! Any help you can give would be amazing! This is the current script I have on asindexed.tumblr.com

TheDoc

You can’t add it inside of the description box, you’ll need to edit the HTML and add it near the bottom of the page.

You’ll also want to be using a much newer version of jQuery.

ans
    Participant

Thanks, I updated that. Now using http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js and have moved that codysherman code towards the bottom of the html.

Infinite scroll is fine but masonry not working.

TheDoc

Sorry, I can’t help you if you don’t use Paul Irish’s Infinite Scroll, I don’t know how the other one works. I’m working on a theme right now that utilizes this exact thing.

Here is the first bit to Masonry the first batch of posts (before IS):

$(document).ready(function() {
    var $container = $('#content');
    $container.imagesLoaded(function(){
    $('#content').masonry({
    // options
    itemSelector : 'article',
    columnWidth: 400,
    gutterWidth : 40
    });
    });
    });

And here is the IS code: (not the Masonry code in the callback)

I’ve also included some code that fixes video and audio posts (if you use them) that break when using infinite scroll.

ans
    Participant

Ok thanks, I have only the Paul Irish code running now. Infinite scroll isn’t working nor is masonry.
    I copied the code you posted above. Is what I have below correct? This is below the css style, inside the head tag.

TheDoc

Everything needs to go at the *end* of the document. Just before the closing < /body> tag.

And you’ll need to change the settings to match your blog.

You may also need to include the ImagesLoaded jQuery plugin.

ans
    Participant

Still no change…

I’ve checked the container and item markup and they look correct.

TheDoc

You’re getting an error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘debug’ of undefined

Also, this is wrong:
    itemSelector : “#posts post”,

Should be:
    itemSelector : “#posts .post”,

Again for the Masonry:
    itemSelector : ‘post’,

Should be:
    itemSelector : ‘.post’,

Another note, once you get it working you should upload those files to Tumblr, linking like this:

Can be dangerous if he ever decides to take it off from there, change the name, permalink structure, etc.

ans
    Participant

I’ve completely rewritten the whole thing. Working now!

Thanks for your help.

TheDoc

No problem!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.